10 Most Popular Hospitals in Kathmandu Valley in 2020
In this session, TrendzNepal is presenting your list of the top 10 popular hospitals in Kathmandu valley in 2020. All the lists are the result of the week-long research to provide all the detailed information to our readers.
Being the capital city of the country, Kathmandu undoubtedly has an abundance of facilities for the people. The health sector is not apart from those facilities. There are a large number of clinics and hospitals in Kathmandu valley that have been providing excellent service which always makes them the prime choice of people across the country.
The hospitals in Kathmandu valley vary from one another in terms of cost, quality, and facilities. The charges of the hospitals in Kathmandu differ from one another. There is the availability of the top class, luxurious hospitals to the normal government or public hospitals in the capital city which has been already proven for its excellence in their sectors.
Top 10 Popular Hospitals in Kathmandu Valley in 2020
Access to proper health check-up is not a big deal anymore in Kathmandu. But the real problem in this sector is the cluster of increasing numbers of hospitals. It's always a great dilemma for us to make the proper selection of hospitals as per our necessity and accessibility.
In order to help you out, TrenzNepal has selected the top 10 hospitals of Kathmandu as of 2020 based on its service and popularity. It includes private,semi-governmental, governmental, and all kinds of hospitals, which are providing their best services to the people out of which you can easily check out without stressing furthermore.
1. Bir Hospital
Bir hospital is one of the oldest and popular hospitals in Kathmandu, Nepal. This hospital was established in 1947 B.S. Bir Shumsher Jang Bahadur Rana constituted this hospital and was known as Prithvi Bir Hospital. It has been operated by the National Academy of Medical Science since 2003 and is a government agency. Bir hospital is popular for its medical and surgical treatment, which has a capacity of 535 beds. This government hospital has been providing a special response for disaster victims, surgery, burns and plastic surgery, dental service, and MRI service. This hospital has been providing free service to the people of remote areas and who cannot afford their treatment.
- Location: Bir Hospital, Kathmandu
- Service: General Surgery, Urology, General Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology, Orthopedic, Endocrinology, Ear Nose Throat, Anesthesiology, Radiology, Nephrology, Dental Surgeon, Pathology, Neurosurgery, Cardiology
2. Teaching Hospital
Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital is a famous and oldest hospital in Kathmandu, Nepal. This hospital has been providing health service to the general public since 1983 AD. The teaching hospital is also working on education, research, and medical treatment service since it is a part of Tribhuvan University. This hospital has a capacity of 700 beds along with an advanced Intensive Care Unit, Pediatric Building, Emergency building, Orthopedic, and ENT building. Similarly, it is one of the trusted hospitals of Kathmandu due to its affordable treatment, proper care, and health facilities. This hospital almost provides you each and every kind of service from normal check-up to advanced treatment.
- Location: Maharajgunj Rd, Kathmandu
- Services: Critical care facility for all age patients, both minor and major surgeries, Kidney and Liver transplant surgeries and many more.
- Web: http://tuth.org.np/
3. Grande International Hospital
Grande International Hospital is one of the reputed and trustworthy hospitals in Kathmandu, Nepal. This hospital was established just 10 years ago i.e. in February 2010. The main motive of this hospital is “Care to Cure”. Grande International Hospital has a capacity of 200 beds, where every patient is provided with a wide range of medical, diagnostic, and surgical services as per their requirement. For the proper treatment, this hospital works with the latest technology and qualified physicians and staff. Grande hospital has been providing both air and road ambulance services depending upon the location of patients.
- Location: Tokha Rd, Kathmandu
- Services: Emergency service, Rapid rescue, The wellness center, International patient service, Assisted fertility center and many more services
- Web: https://www.grandehospital.com/
4. Norvic International Hospital
Norvic International Hospital is one of the leading and oldest hospitals in Kathmandu, Nepal. This hospital was established in 1994 by Chaudhary Group. Norvic hospital has the capacity to hold 150 patients. Norvic hospital is the first hospital with NABL accreditation and certified for ISO 9001:2015 standards. This hospital has been providing advanced medical and surgery to its patients. The main aim of this hospital is to provide world-class quality health care to the people of Nepal at an affordable price.
- Location: Thapathali, Kathmandu
- Services: Cardiology, Neurology, Pulmonology, Audiology and Speech Therapy, Chiropractic, ENT, Emergency Department, Invitro Fertilisation and many more
5. Patan Hospital
Patan hospital is one of the popular and the largest teaching hospitals of the Patan Academy of Health Science. In 1982, Shanta Bhawan Hospital was merged with Lalitpur hospital and Patan hospital was formed. This hospital has adopted modern equipment to provide treatment and facilities for about 320000 outpatients and 20000 inpatients annually. Every year the staff of Patan hospital conducts more than 10000 successful operations. So it is one of the most trusted hospitals in Kathmandu valley. This hospital has been providing proper and quality health services to all people across Nepal, regardless of their ability to pay the hospital and doctor fees. Patan hospital has the capacity to serve 450 patients.
- Location: Lagankhel Satdobato Rd, Lalitpur
- Services: 24-Hour Emergency Service, Inpatient Medical and Surgical care, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Birthing Center, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Psychiatry, ENT, and many more.
6. B & B Hospital (Baidya and Banskota Hospital)
B & B Hospital is a private and oldest hospital in Nepal, which was established in 1977. The main aim to establish this hospital was to provide quality health service to the people of Nepal. This hospital occupies an area of 2.26 acres and includes a B & B Medical Institution within it. This hospital has 120 professional doctors and more than 500 nurses. This hospital is one of the trusted hospitals in Kathmandu.
- Location: Gwarko, Lalitpur.
- Services: orthopedics, general surgery and urology, general medicine, plastic/cosmetic & maxillofacial surgery, gynecology and obstetrics, neuroscience, pediatrics, otorhinolaryngology, cardiology, oncology, and many more.
- Web: https://www.bbhospital.com.np/
7. Mediciti Hospital
Mediciti Hospital is a private hospital in Kathmandu valley. This hospital is the biggest and largest hospital in Nepal, which has a capacity of about 700 plus beds. This hospital follows international guidelines and protocols driven by international hospitals. It mainly focuses on affordability, accessibility, and advanced medical personalized care. The Laboratory Medicine in this hospital is equipped with a fully Automated ESR, fully Automated Coagulation testing system, and many more automatic systems. So, Mediciti Hospital is the most trusted hospital in Nepal.
- Location: Nakkhu Ukalo Road, Nakhkhu Patan, Karyabinayak
- Service: Wellness Packages...
8. KMC Hospital
Kathmandu Medical College Teaching Hospital is one of the oldest colleges and hospitals in Kathmandu. This college is a private medical college, which was established in 1997. KMC has a capacity to hold about 900 patients. This hospital has been providing quality service and medical care to each and every patient visiting this hospital since its establishment. KMC is the most trusted hospital in Kathmandu valley because it provides affordable medicine and a friendly environment for its patients.
- Location: Sinamangal, Kathmandu,
- Services: OPD service, IPD service, Pathology service, and many more services.
9. Om Hospital and Research Center
Om Hospital and Research Center is another popular hospital in Kathmandu. This hospital was established in 1990 with an aim to provide world-class and affordable healthcare to patients. Om hospital is ISO 9001:2015 certified hospital in Kathmandu, which provides quality care to each and every patient. This hospital has the capacity to hold about 175 patients and has about 100 experienced doctors and 150 nurses.
- Location: Chabahil, Kathmandu
- Services: Anesthesiology, Audiology, Cardiology, Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Critical Care Medicine, and many more.
10. Vayodha Hospital
Vayodha is a popular and best private hospital in Kathmandu. This hospital has been providing various health services from primary care to different complex health-related problems of their patients. This hospital has a capacity to hold 50 patients in its premises. Vayodha hospital has been providing world-class preventive and curative care and has the vision of “ Cure to Care”. Not only road ambulances, but this hospital is also providing air ambulance service to its patients.
- Location: Balkhu, Kathmandu
- Services: Anaesthesia, Derma and Laser, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery and many more services.
Some other popular hospital inside Kathmandu Valley Are
- Sahid Memorial
- Civil Service Hospital
- Kathmandu Medical College & Teaching Center
- Everest Hospital
- Nobel Hospital
Summary of Top 10 Popular Hospitals in Kathmandu in 2020
So, these are the top 10 Popular hospitals in Kathmandu Valley. Surf into these and rush to the one of your choice!!! Take Care of your Health.
- Bir Hospital
- Teaching Hospital
- Grande Hospital
- Norvic hHospital
- Patan Hospital
- B & B Hospital
- Mediciti Hospital
- KMC Hospital
- Om Hospital
- Vayodha Hospital